Friday, July 17, 2009

Favorite tennis You tube videos

In my opinion, You Tube is one of the best places to go if you want to watch tennis videos. Well, it's probably one of the best places for free videos period. Yesterday, I came across a few vids that I really liked and I thought I'd share them with you, so I've created a top 5 count down of my favorite You Tube tennis videos.

Here they are:

#5: Tennis player kills pigeon


And you thought Roger's forehand was precise.

This one's funny, although I feel kind of sorry for the bird. Lol.

#4: Andy Murray warming up...sort of



Not really a whole lot to do with tennis but I like this for the amusement factor. Doesn't Murray's hair kind of remind you of Kuerten?



#3 Pros warming up

Ok, I'm sort of cheating with this one because I'm using two videos. I like this video of Nadal warming up, the music fits in well with the video.



But this one of Gael Monfils is better. It's also filmed from a court-side view which is cool. I find videos like this to be useful for improving my game. You can learn a lot just by watching a pro.



#2 Nick Bollettieri on Donald Young



This is a pretty good video. Nick Bollettieri has trained some great players in the past like Becker, Agassi, and Hingis. More recently he trained Sharapova and Jankovic. He does seem a little skeptical of Donald's career but that's another story in itself. All in all I like this one because it gives you an inside look, for the life of an up and coming tennis player.

And my #1 choice is:

Bret Abel tennis videos



These videos are great, they're fun to watch and he gives a lot of good advice to help improve your technique. Sort of like a free tennis lesson. There are a few other tutorial videos on You Tube, which are also worth checking out as well.

Anyway, those are my top 5 favorite videos. I hope you enjoyed this post, feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

No comments: