Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roddick vs Ljubicic BNP Paribas finals

Sometimes, you can pick them and sometimes you can't, I admit it.

While, I did think Roddick, had a good chance, of reaching the finals, I would have never in a million years, picked Ljubicic, to be the one, he'd play for the title. Especially since Ljubo, had to go through Djokovic and Nadal to even make it there.

Can Ljubicic, really do the unthinkable? Can he beat the hard serving American Andy Roddick, in a match, that should be Andy's to lose? My thinking is, yes he can. Just a couple of years ago, Mardy Fish, did the same thing, that Ljubo's doing now. He had an incredible hot streak and blew through opponents at the Pacific Life Open, who would crush him under ordinary circumstances.

Roddick, hasn't played his best this week and Ljubo should have an opening to take it from him.

With Roddick, his game usually revolves around his confidence and playing in front of the home crowd always helps him out. Ljubo, will definitely have his hands full but if he plays as well today, as he did against Nadal, in the semis, then I think he's got a great shot, to win his first masters series tournament.

Ljubicic, at 31 is at the end of his career, he probably won't get another chance at a title this big, so I hope he makes the best of this one.

My Prediction is that Ljubo, beats Roddick in 3 sets.

No comments: