Monday, September 29, 2008

Tsonga wins Thailand Open

This is the time of the year when the ATP tennis season starts to calm down. With the US Open now over and the Davis Cup finals not for almost two months, there isn't very much to report on, after all, most of the important tournaments won't be held until next year but I was excited by how well Jo Wilfried Tsonga played at the Thailand Open, this past week. Tsonga crushed most of his opponents including Djokovic (in straight sets) on his way to the title.

Tsonga, has been plagued with injuries throughout most of his professional career which is unfortunate because he's a great player, I think that Tsonga, will probably break into the top ten before the year is over, he's 16 in the world right now and I'm really looking forward to watching him next year. Hopefully, without injuries.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yeah, it was really cool how Tsonga came through like that, especially after not hearing much from him in almost a year. He's fun to watch so I hope he'll be back with a vengeance in '09

Anonymous said...

^ I agree. He's great to watch. I hope he can stay injury free next year.